Question on recording sound for a short film

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Sound Question on recording sound for a short film

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I’m starting to film a short movie w/ some friends and I know I’m going to need some kind of external mic other than what’s on the camera. My question is, should I just get the external mic and plug it right into the camera, or should I buy some kind of external recorder and then sync them up in post. I heard at one time that the Sony Minidisc recorders were good for stuff like that, since they are portable and get good quality sound. Is something like that worth purchasing? I think one of the advantages is just being able to do some sound recording in places where I don’t want to bring my camera, or maybe I can’t bring a camera.

Inactive

The pros of going with external and messing around in post production is higher sound quality, but if you get a good mic and an XLR adapter you can plug it right into your camera and save alot of time. Some cameras are better suited for that, but its worth reaserching.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video editing software — 2021

In this article, we’ll go over the criteria you’ll need to consider when choosing the best video editing software for your needs.
homicide-bootstrap