Question for Compusolver::: How do you edit so quickly?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Question for Compusolver::: How do you edit so quickly?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Question for Compusolver

I have come to rely on your opinions and answers as THE WORD. I’m sure you cringe at having that kind of responsibility. 😯 One thing I have noticed in many of you posts is that you always mention (or at least hint toward) that you shoot a wedding or event on the weekend then spend the next week editing the video.

It sounds like you complete the entire thing within the time spand of that week. Then on the following weekend you are on to another project and the cycle begins all over again.

How do you edit so quickly?
      Do you have multiple people on staff or is it just you and another?
      You always say you are up to all hours of the night editing.

I am assuming a lot of the speed is coming from your experience. But is what type of computer equipment and other editing equipment do you use?

Thanks
      Brandon0409

Participant

Hi Hank –

Don’t mean to hijack this thread but I noticed you mention you use PHP/MySQL. How do you compare the PHP with Perl or plain old CGI/C?

Thanks.

Bruce

Participant

I was wondering if you would be willing to let me have a sample of one of your weddings.

I know it costs money for a sample copy and postage.
      I was wondering if I might be able to download an internet friendly version.

I am just trying to see what others are doing.

Anything would be appreciated.
      Thanks
      Brandon0409

Participant

I was wondering if you would be willing to let me have a sample of one of your weddings.

I know it costs money for a sample copy and postage.
      I was wondering if I might be able to download an internet friendly version.

I am just trying to see what others are doing.

Anything would be appreciated.
      Thanks
      Brandon0409

Participant

Hey guys, just thought I’d throw in my $0.02. I usually also have an entire wedding done in a few days. It didn’t start out that way. I’ve had to work up to where I have a system going. I usually do the same project over and over with different footage. When you find something that works, keep doing it!
      Hank, your system sounds alot like mine. I also am doing some web design now as well (I’ve come to realize my site isn’t as good as it could be; too complicated and dark) so that goes in between weddings.
      Most people are quite surprised to find that the video is ready when they are back from the honeymoon. However, I rarely sacrifice quality for speed (however, you have to draw the line somewhere). I would like to soon be recognized as the absolute best videographer in town (I think I have the "being the best" thing down, it’s the being recognized fot it that I’m hoping for.

Participant

compusolver Wrote:

Adam –

We’re going to be in Colorado Springs (Friday, I think) and I’ll give you a call the day before we arrive. Hopefully, you’ll have time to meet for coffee. By the way, I thought your website looked fine.

That sounds awesome! I’d love to sit and chew the fat with ya (or maybe coffe might be better X-D )

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap