Question about Wide Angle lens…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi!

Here’s my question : I bought myself a wide angle lens to put on my camcorder (Panasonic PV-GS300).
      When I shoot with my wide angle I always capture 2 corners black from the wide angle lens…

Ok, it’s not fully in the middle of the screen, but the only way I get rid of it is by scaling my clips with Premiere to 110% to kinda erase the black round corner or make it outside the screen…

How do I deal with that if I want a clear wide angle shot with no black round corner due to the lens itself appearing on the corners of my clips ?

Thank you very much for any input!

Jean

Inactive

I have a wide angle lens too and i also experience those, but i do not think we can do anything about them.

Participant

You may be getting "corners" from your the hood, so take it off or zoom in a bit.

Unsolicited Critique of the Wedding Videos on YouTube.com

Inactive

Using the internal stabilization ("SteadyShot", "O.I.S", etc.) can also cause funny stuff. I get "Wobbly Corners" when using a wide angle with optical or digital stabilization.

-andrew @ videomaker

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap