Question about Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum Production Suite 11

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Question about Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum Production Suite 11

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

Sony sells 4 different Vegas software packages. The Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum Production Suite 11 is the only one that comes packaged with a DVD tutorial (the DVD tutorial is not included withSony Pro).

1) Does anyone know the run time of the DVD?

2) Does the DVD tutorial teach new students more techniques than the Show Me How interactive tutorial that comes with all 4 versions of Vegas? Or in other words, does it go beyond basics by teaching the student how to edit videos a little like a pro?

Participant

Joe, I recently purchased VMS Hd Platinum suite 11, I got it for a very good price from Sony because I am ungrading from VMS Plat 9. I just finished viewing the Jump Start Tutorials DVD. It is basically a guide to start you using VMS and DVD architect softwares. For me it was a refresher of the things that I had been using in VMS 9. I did find a number of things that were new to me because I hadn’t used them in 9 and somethings that are new to 11. If you are new to video editing or new to the Vegas interface, it is very informative and will get you going in the right direction. The DVD is broken into 11 chapters that run any where from about 5 minutes to 10 minutes each. The chapters are Intro, Getting started,Look at the interface, Selecting project properties, Importing project media, Basic editing technique, Creating text and titiles, Filters and effects, Steroscopic 3D editing, Delivering the video, Conclusion. Some of the things discussed are above the beginning level but are well explained and easy to follow (blue/green screen, other filters). The interactive tutorials are imbedded in the software and can help you proceed while you are actually working on a project. The quick start DVD gives you a study of how to do things before you actually start a project. One thing I must suggest to you is also suggested on the beginning of the DVD is to upload the most recent upgrade to your software. I didn’t do this and spent hours trying to make my first Blu-ray disc until I googledthe error code that I was receiving and found a solution (see my other post about error code in VMS 11, from a few days ago). I was very happy using VMS 9 but needed to move to VMS 11 because I wanted to burn Blu-ray discs with menus. In the short time that I have been using VMS 11 I am very satisfied (except for error code and I should have updated before starting). The Sony creative software web site offers free upgrades for their stuff free and on the site you can compare all thefeatures of each of theproducts. I hope that this info helps and you find the Sony software as satisifying as I have. keep shooting.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap