Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Miscellaneous Techniques › Question about “dolly and zoom” shot???
- This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years, 8 months ago by Anonymous.
- June 1, 2007 at 8:53 AM #37015AnonymousInactive
I just read in the tutorial section about a shot I would like to use. It’s called a dolly and zoom shot. I kinda understand how the technique works (I will use a wheelchair to dolly away from the subject and slowly zoom in). My question is about focus.
Do I set the camera (PD-150) in auto focus so I don’t have to worry about it, or do I need to manually zoom in and focus at the same time?
- June 1, 2007 at 11:01 PM #164177SpencerStewartParticipant
Unless your subject is fairly complicated, I would at least first try with the Auto Focus. That should seal the deal. If not, you might need an assistant camera or someone to help.
Anyways, good luck on the shoot, its a cool trick.
- September 11, 2007 at 3:32 AM #164178AnonymousInactive
Also, you may be able to stay with manual focus by simply moving to the farthest point from the talent and setting your focus there, then move to the closest point to see if the shot is still good.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.