Question about purchasing sony vegas and other programs.

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Question about purchasing sony vegas and other programs.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’mgoingto be purchasing one and never have before. Vegas i think is around $600 on their website.

Isn’tthis the same thing??? and its only $50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Vegas-Movie-Studio-HD-Platinum-Version-11-Brand-New-Sealed-Retail-Box-/300615690306?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fe176842#ht_2087wt_1144

Participant

No, that is the “consumer” version.

Participant

what is the difference in them?

Participant

ok i found the comparison chart on their website.

Participant

igotthat, vegas movie studio has a lot of or most of what you will find in the pro version. The main exception is that pro has unlimited audio and video tracks available, 3 or 4 each in studio. There are some other more advanced features in pro. If you start with studio usually there is better upgrade price available from time to time. Once you use studio the switch to pro is pretty easy. I’ve used studio (a few upgrades) and am now switching to pro. Keep shooting.

Participant

Vid thanks for the info. I have certain music alreadythat’sused in each of my videos so having aselectionalreadydoesn’treally matter to me if thatswhatyourreferringto. Idon’tdo anythingcrazyvideo wise so i think ill start with the cheapversion(consumer) and go form there before spending on the pro.

Participant

The only BIG feature I want that PRO has is the Multi-Cam feature.  Lets you roll footage from several cameras at one time and select the “view” that you want just by clicking on the “camera view.”  Magix MX Pro Premium offers a two camera multi-cam feature and for the $79 price thru 2/23/2012, sure tempts me to give it a shot.

Participant

Thats a good feature but not needed for me at the moment, i only had 1 camera when i filmed all the footage im working with now. I will need that in the near future though.

Participant

I started on the Studio version and very quickly (like in 6 months) moved up to pro – The big things I needed at the time were more than four video tracks (I use on average about 10 for a simple job and 20+ for most) and scripting (big time saver). Now I’d have a hard time going back – Digital Juice’s Ready-2-Go product only works with Pro for example.

Participant

does anyone know if the trial version that’s dlable online has a watermark is it a full trial?

Participant

birdcat what do you mean by more than 4 videotracks? im just learning editing

Participant

The trial version is fully functional! If you are doing any serious video you will have segments of video separated into separate tracks for easier organizing of effects, modes (compositing etc).

Participant

@igotthat, I am not Birdman but here is the answer. NLE have a timeline view on the bottom, called tracks, in the better quality NL editors. Take VSX4 for example. I have 2 title tracks, I can do two titles to get over lapping effects. I also have 6 video tracks. I can lay 6 different videos onto the timeline, either as a pic in pic, or use a greenscreen, transitions, I use 99% transparencies a lot as an effect to merge video tracks, placing photos on a video track. countless ideas. I also have two sound tracks and several music tracks. If I create a title using my 3D effects I can import that title onto a video track and still add two titles.

igotthat, using these multi tracks is extreamly important to understand and learn to get that magic effect in rendering the finish product. It would benefit you a great deal to learn these and all the benefits they offer.

Participant

Thanks again for the info guys. I’m going to play with the trial until it ends then buy, once i get more experience and need the other options i will upgrade to the pro..

Participant

IGotThat –

Think of a track as a “layer” in a Photoshop project but in an NLE your project’s layers can move.

Movie Studio versions of Vegas have a max of 10 video and 10 audio tracks, Pro has truly unlimited (I have done projects with over 100 vid tracks – lots of track motion). This can be important for certain things – for example, Digital Juice’s Ready-2-Go product requires the Pro Version, probably due to the fact it creates projects with more than 10 video tracks.

Comparison chart is here:

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/moviestudiope/compare

Participant

^^ Thanks for the info.

Participant

I think i may be ok without, everything i do is pretty simple.. this is a chapter from my last DVD which was done by a editor i had hired. I’m now wanting to do everything myself,times are hard,money is tight and i dont like relying on other people to get things done..

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap