Quality questions…..Canon camcorders

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Im in the market of buying a HD camcorder and have narrowed it down to 2 models in my budget, The canon HF20 or the HV30. My question is which model will capture better quality? (minii DV or SD card)…..

I was told from a tech that the Mini DV’s perform better in low light setting innoticeablequality vs SD card based. is that true?

Although i know SD Cards may be faster to upload and moreefficientthan the Older Tape Technology, im looking for the best quality to play home videos on my HDTV.

Thanks in Advance. -Richard

Participant

I have a HV30 and love it. The quality of the image will blow you away. It is small and heavy though. Here are a couple of articles I wrote on it. I think you will like the HV30. It is Mini-DV so you will still have to work with tape. I cannot compare it to the HF20 as I don’t have one but the HV30 rocks! πŸ™‚

Inactive

yeah seems convincing, but do you know if the tape based cams show a better quality thatsnoticeable?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap