QUALITY DVD EXPORT

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi .

I have just finished my first full feature indi film. The film is 1 hr and 28 mins long. I need to export it to DVD with the best quality possible so I can send it to be mass produced. The DVD’s that I have made so far look okay in some spot and bad in others. Also it seems when there is motion in the scene such as panning the movement is very choppy. Can anyone tell me what all of the setting should be set to?? I am using Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0. I have read online about bit rate settings and field settings and i am so CONFUSED!!!! LOL. Help guys!!!

Rob
      Participant

Here’s what I do when I work with FCP and DVD Studio Pro. I know you’re not using them, but they may be similar.

When I finish editing in Final Cut, I can either export a self-contained file or a reference file of my timeline with the current project settings. I usually choose a reference file because I am burning the DVD on the same computer I use for editing. If you can not export a reference file out of Adobe Premiere, just export your video with your current project settings.

After I export a file out of FCP, I open DVD Studio Pro and import the file I want to burn. DVD Studio Pro automatically converts my video to MPEG. In DVD Studio Pro preferences, I chose a maximum bit rate of 6.5Mbps, and an average bit rate of 4.5. DVDSP does all the thinking for me. Maybe the software you are using to burn the DVD does this too.

Hopefully that is some goodguidance.

Rob
      Participant

Also, I don’t think fielddominanceis an issue, I could be wrong. But if you are exporting a file out of your NLE with current project settings, then the field dominance should be fine.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Is DVD Studio Pro just a Mac application?

chuckengels
      Participant

First of all there is no product available to the consumer that will make a DVD like Hollywood so I hope that is not your goal.

Are you using Adobe Encore DVD to author the DVD? It may be worth the upgrade to CS3 just to get Encore. You will probably also want to burn your movie to a Dual Layer DVD to get the highest quality and bit rate, a single layer disc will not be enough at highest quality.

Anonymous
      Inactive

No. I am not expecting that at all but I have been doing this for a long time and I know it can look much better then it is thats all. I was thinking about that upgrade.

Thanks!

Nick

Rob
      Participant

Yes, DVD Studio Pro is a Mac application. It comes with Final Cut Studio 2.

Omtech
      Participant

My friend can you leave the timeline with project setting as it is and go to windows in premier pro chose DVD layout then follow the instructions, I dont know if

you have tried this one before. it keep the quality very well and good menu. This is simpler and better than going to encore.and if you don’t need a menu just export it direct to DVD from mene file.

Thank you.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks everyone!!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best lenses for video — 2021

Lenses are key to making your favorite camera create the images you envision. These are the best lenses for video available today.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN