You're using a beta version of our new web site.

Quality after exporting

Home Forums General Video and Film Discussion Quality after exporting

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Charles 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

KentHoward

1. When I view my unedited video from my Panasonic AG-HMC40 in AVCCAM Viewer the shots look great. I import the video shots into Premier CS5 from the AVC CAM Viewer file. After finishing editing I export the finished product and the quality of the video is much less that what I saw in the unedited AVCCAM Viewer. I’ve tried various formats; MP4, .264, Flash, Quicktime, etc. and various settings (some of which freeze up while rendering). Why do I loose quality when going through the editing and exporting process. Am I importing them incorrectly?What are the best settings? What should I be doing to maintain the quality.

2. I can rename the clips in AVCCAM Viewer but these names do not stay with the video file when I’m looking for them to import into Premier. And, yes, I keep all those files and go through the seven layers before I find the actual files . . . or should I be importing the whole file?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Kent

Charles
    Participant

Kent, you have to copy the whole AVCHD to your hard drive and once in premiere it should show up. Also, what are the settings on the camera, for example, are you shooting 1080p, 720p, or 480? When you render with H.264 in the field order use none and use the bit rate at VBR, 2 pass and move the slider to the right. If using Quicktime, use video codec, None and always click the render at maximum depth. Let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions.

KentHoward

Hi Charles. Thanks so much for your advice. I hadn’t used the highest setting when rendering. But my real problem was that when opening a new project I had my setting the way I had before using AVCHD. Incorrectly, I had used the DV-NTSC setting in the set up. Fortunately, I was able to copy all the assets and the time line to a new project without losing anything except a few transitions and settings. That’s over two weeks work that I was able to save.

Thanks again for your help.

Ket

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.