Pushing Video Over A LAN

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Kids –

My company wants to hook up a video camera through a PC (FireWire A or USB-2) and allow a bunch (17-25) other computers on the network to view a live feed.

Any suggestions on how we could do this?

Thanks.

Bruce

Participant

compusolver Wrote:

Being a web developer, I’d do this as an intranet. Merely set it up as you would on a web server, but on your local server instead. There is no server-side scripts needed, so you have nothing special to setup. The video would be set into a web page which will be viewed via your users’ browsers.

The problem is that we need all monitors to view the live feed simultaneously on all machines.

I can do this easily for a video file being served over the network – this however is a live feed and we all views synchronized in real time.

Inactive

You might want to look at VLC http://www.videolan.org

You can stream video direct from DV camera’s to other VLC clients over a network. It has a variety of encoding options for Audio and video

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap