Pursuing degree in Digital media production. Question/Advice

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Pursuing degree in Digital media production. Question/Advice

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

Hey everyone. I’m really glad I found these forums. I’m just hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I currently know nothing at all about video/media production/editing, but I’ve been interested in it for some time now. I’m currently 22 years old and I’m going to enroll in my local community college to pursue an associates degree in "Video and Digital media production".

I’m sure I’ll learn everything in school, but I’d like to get a head start. Like I said, I know nothing.

Its my goal to start a small video/media production company within the next 5 years or so. My focus will be on developing promotional videos for local/national youth ministries, videos to be shown at live events, and possibly low budget music videos. So the type of media I’m interested in learning how to produce has a "youthful appeal"…like an MTV commercial.

I’ve included a link below with an example of what I would like to learn how to do. It seems like there is a ton of different types of production..from weddings. to commercials…real estate…could go on and on.

My question would be, what type would this fall into and what exactly would I have to learn? (please watch the video below too)

I just want to get a general idea so I can google some info on it

Appreciate any responses!

Inactive

I would think of this as a trailer. It’s composed like you would see in a trailer for a movie only instead of a movie, it’s actually an ad for this organization and their up and coming tour they have planned.

It is very well done and does hold your attention through special effects.

RAM

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best camcorders for any video shooter — 2021

Professional camcorders are often smaller, lighter, cheaper, and have more controls than other cameras. These are the best on the market today.
homicide-bootstrap