Project Nesting

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am running Vegas pro 10.0d. I think this is the latest version. I am working on a multi scene project that I want to edit inseparate projects and then bring each scene into a master project. I know I have done this in previous versions of Vegas but when I tried to do it today I did not get any audio.

Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong. I just drug the project file to the time line from the explorer. Video was fine but the audio track was a flat line.

Thanks for your help

Tony

Participant

Are you rendering each scene before you place it into a new project? Are you renaming your files? I am just trying to figure out whats going on inside Vegas

Participant

I edited a few different projects one was just basically a slide show so photos on the video track and a piece of music on the audio track, I then saved it with a project name.

I started a new project in vegas and I drug the existing project file into the time line on a blank project. All projects had the same setting. When I did this the project dropped in no problem with a video track and an audio track. The video portion was fine just the audio track had no sound. I have also posted the problem over at the Sony forums. I could not find any thing over there. I just went back and read the manual again this morning and as far as I can tell I am doing it according to there instructions. I thought maybe there is a setting I am missing.

I have not rendered the scene. I was doing this as a test prior to doing a larger project this way.

Participant

Are you grabbing the VEG. file into your new project? I had something like this happen to me I am just trying to remember what it was I did wrong.

Participant

Daryldrj

I’m grabbing the VEG file. Unless I’m reading something wrong thats what the manual says to use. It also mentions some audio proxy files and I”m not quite sure how that applies.

FYI I’m using the 64bit version on windows 7

Participant

It seems that when that happened to me i was grabbing the VEG file from one area like explorer tab or from the media tab and it would show up like you described, but if I took from somewhere else the audio would show up. I know this may not help I am just trying to remember what I did on this. i will keep thinking on this

Participant

I just got it to work. I had a muted video track on top with nothing in it. I deleted that and then drug it into the time line from the windows explorer and it built the peaks and worked. I had also deleted all of my markers and regions before that and it did not work.

I have to go run some errands today but when I get a chance I will experiment further to confirm that it was the muted video track on top of the project file I was trying to import.

Being able to place project files on the time line will be a big help when doing multiple section that you want to bring together.

Participant

Ok I went back through on the Sony forums to the problem i was having I was dragging the nested VEG file onto the time line, and the video appeared to have been rendered and there was nothing I could do to fix the video. Someone suggested that instead of dragging the file to the TL double click the File. when I then doubled clicked the file everything came out right.

Participant

OK other than I have it working now the last test I did makes no sense and proves nothing.

I still had an original copy of the VEG file that I could not get the audio to work when I placed it in another blank project. Based on what I talked about above I went back opened the original file and un-muted the top video track that was empty. I then saved the project.

Next I opened up a blank project and drug in the project VEG file onto the time line and the audio worked fine. OK so I think I’ve discovered the problem. So I then go back to the original project it and again I mute the top video track and save the project.

I again open up a new blank project and drag the original project back in with the muted top video track. This time the audio works fine.

I have no clue why it works now and it did not before.

Gremlins πŸ™‚

Participant

I understand how that goes I was just trying to figure that one out

Participant

Just wanted to follow up with this in case anyone else runs into the issue. I ran into the problem again with another file and I had gotten this advice over on the Sony forum and it resolved the problem. I’ve place the text below.

Tony

In your case, I would look for a corrupt sfap0 file, which is the audio proxy. It has happened to me once before, but with different results.

Simply delete the sfap0 file before you open the parent project, let it rebuild, and see if that brings back your audio.

• Viewing 10 reply threads

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap