Project Nehemiah – Full Length Video

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hey guys! Because of all the great feedback I got for the promo video for Project Nehemiah, I decided to get the entire show online for all to see. Its just over a half hour. Production for the next show is coming up soon too and I will keep you all posted on how it goes!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8125626654532681584

Inactive

Very cool. This looks like it was a massive project, not only from the construction/labor side, but also on the video side.

What was your setup on mics for this? I didn’t see any lapel mics, so I assume you were using shotgun mics on boom poles for the interview scenes? I saw the handheld mic, and the onboard mic on the camera in the kid’s room scene, but I assume ther was more.

The lighting was a little rough, but not really bad at all. I’m assuming you didn’t use any diffusers?

This is a great piece. Not a lot of churches have taken advantage of video like this. You guys are doing incredible work-keep it up!

Participant

Thanks! We did use boom mics when we had someone to actually control them. There was a real shortage of crew for the video (everyone was working on the actual project). In the scenes when you saw a handheld mic, that was because we had a wireless setup so that the workers outside could hear what was going on. It was more for them than the video. Actually, that stuff wasn’t intended to be in the video at all but it just worked out that way. As far as the lighting goes, we had almost no equipment to work with. We only had a few work lights and our timeframe was way to short to get anything looking perfect. Next one is coming up soon and I will definitely be making some changes to production. I am hoping for more help on the next one. The thing about this project was that the construction and design was the main focus and the video was secondary. Last year, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition made over a house about 5 minutes from where I live so I was able to get out and watch production. It was clear that the entire project was there for the show and helping the family was secondary. In fact, the "design team" didn’t actually do anything. They came out of their trailer when it was time to shoot and acted the entire part. They aren’t designers at all. Also, the hous was pre-fabricated months before production and trucked in in pieces. It made me realize that they are able to control every aspect of the show. That was not a luxury I had with Project Nehemiah. I had to be in the background and produce a show from something that was happening whether I was there or not. But nonetheless, I learned from the experience and I hope the next one will be even better.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to choose the right computer for video editing: 4 key specs to check

Buying the best workstation for your needs means understanding how the CPU, GPU, RAM and storage options work together to enhance overall performance.
homicide-bootstrap