PROGRAM CLOSES WHEN CLICK ON BURN TO DISC

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing PROGRAM CLOSES WHEN CLICK ON BURN TO DISC

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

I recently completed my first project on Premiere Elements 7, and wanted to burn a DVD. When I clicked on Burn to Disc, a pop-up appeared and said there was a problem, and I had to close the program. This happened twice.

What happened? This is on a brand new Dell computer with 6GB of Ram and an ATI Radepm 512MB Video card.

HELP!!

Bob Fleishman

Participant

Try burning to a folder and see if that gives you an error also, let us know what happens. You could just need a DVD Burner firmware update.

Chuck –

Walk me through this, please. This is my first attempt at this. After clicking on share, the drop-down menu gives me several choices. Do I click on the MPEG choice and then save?

Thanks for your help.

BOB

Participant

Don’t have version 7 handy but it should be Share/DVD/Folder. There should be a folder option under the burn to DVD share.

If not just let me know and I will check it out later.

Participant

Either that or you can post the question on the muvipix.com forum and have an answer in about 15 minutes.

Inactive

That seems to be an issue with Elements and XP. It’s happened to me several times. One tip, even though the program says it needs to close, you can still save the project so you don’t lose your work in case you failed to do so BEFORE going to the “SHARE” tab. You might try to have your blank in the drive BEFORE you launch Elements, and not just before you go to burn. I think it takes a LONG time for the blank DVDto show up in XP and that leads to the problem.

If all else fails I like tokeep a 5#hammer next to the computer just to prove thatI am the master of the situation… πŸ™‚

I don’t know if this makes any difference, but my new computer is Vista (64-bit). Are there any issues with that?

BOB

Participant

I don’t know if this makes any difference, but my new computer is Vista (64-bit). Are there any issues with that? BOB

There are a number of people at muvipix that are using Premiere Elements 7 on Vista 64 bit without problems. My initial thought would be that you don’t have a compatible DVD Burner Driver or firmware.

Have you tried burning to a folder yet?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video β€” 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap