Professional HDD Camera Coming out?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Just wondeing if anyone knows of any companies that are going to be releasing something like the Canon XH G1 00 — but that records directly to HDD (Hard disk). I know many of the smaller cameras are now recording direct to disk (i.e. built in 30-60GB drives). It would be nice to have the same thing in a professional camera (so that we don’t have to hook up to an external Firewire drive).

If anyone has any inside information, I would be very interested in hearing it.

Thanks!

Ray

Inactive

with firestores available, 32+ gig nand drives on the horizon, I wouldn’t put too much r&d into built in harddrive storage for the pro market, if I were making the desicions…now, adding the new high speed wi-fii to to a camcorder opens up some new possibilities, for mixing/capturing video, and mixing it at live events.

Inactive

Thanks so much for the response!

Speak to me about the high-speed Wi-Fii and the 32+ GB NAND drives. I am relatively new to this market and was going to purchase the Canon XH G1 — it seems to meet all of my needs, except I didn’t want to buy someting if there was an HDD camera (of this calibur) coming on the market.

If I could use Wi-Fii to talk back to my computer, that would speak to my issue. I am looking to do a lot of live events as well.

Thanks again!

Sincerely,
      Ray

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best mirrorless cameras and DSLRs for video — 2021

These are the best mirrorless cameras and DSLRs on the market today, organized by use case. All are worthy of your hard-earned dollar.
homicide-bootstrap