Process stop while Encoding

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

After buring a project to a DVD using Adobe Premiere, I tweaked the futuge further and tried to burn antother DVD. At 49.83% during the encoding process the process just stops. No error message, just stops. If I ctrl+alt+del it says Premier is running but nothing happens. I have to end process to get out of premiere. Ive tried turning off the computer, rendering again, changing blank DVDs. But, the process always freezes up at 49.83%. Anyone have any idea what may be the culprit. As always thanks.

Inactive

Was the footage tweaked about 49.83% into the project? Did you save under a new folder title?

Participant

No, the footage was altered/tweaked throughout. I even tried deleting the rendered files, re-rending and I had the same problem. I then opened up a new project and burned a DVD (different footage) successfuly. I did not save under a new folder. It’s a 7 minute short film that required a lot of editing, so I really don’t want to have to start over.

Inactive

Not sure why that’s happening. It could be a lot of things. As a work around… render out your footage and export it as an AVI clip. Then start a new project file and import that AVI file in. Now try encoding to DVD.

At least you should be able to get your project converted over. It could be that your PC is having a hard time picking out the rendered files and trying to encode at the same time. I do this a lot only because it seems like PPro encoded faster from a single AVI file on a time lline versus going from a stacked up complex timeline with all of the linked and render files.

RAM

Participant

Wow, thats great advice I had not even thought of. I’ll try it tonight. Thanks for the response, you guys are always a big help.

Participant

I’m having some problems when I encode my files .avi using Adobe Media Encoder.
      It says that has an error ’cause it can’t return to a video frame.
      How can I solve it?

Participant

I would suggest ensuring that you have the latest Video Card driver. You can access this information by using the dxdiag tool provided by Microsoft. To launch this tool, click on "Start", then click "Run", then type DXDIAG in the run box. Click OK. When a larger window opens up, click on the tab at the top that says "display". On the right of the window it will say the date of the driver. If the date is from 2005 or earlier you will need to update the driver. On the left of the window what is the name and the manufacturer? You can update the driver by visiting the manufacturer’s website to download, install, and restarting your computer, and trying your task again.

Participant

Adobe has a patch to upgrade the mpeg encoder that solved a similar problem for me. Doesn’t hurt to upgrade it even if that doesn’t solve your problem:

http://www.mainconcept.com/adobemedia/downloads.html

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing — 2021

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap