Problems with Sony VX2100 on playback

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Just wondering if anyone has had the same problem with the sony vx2100.

I purchased the sony vx2100 from B&H. I record something, but on playback the picture has bars across the screen and pixels appear. I returned the camera to B&H and received a new one today. I pulled the camera from the box and the same problem is happening. It’s only on playback mode. I even try to upload the video to my computer but the pixels and bars appear on my editing programs. B&H has no idea what the problem is and is willing to exchange the camera.

I have decided to send the camera to sony to see if they can fix the problem. Just wondering if anyone has came across the same issue. Thanks

-Brian

Inactive

could you post a picture of the problem? kinda hard to understand what you are seeing.

John

Inactive

I also had some problems with my Camcorder, I had a totally different problem than yours but I had found a great tech support site with live chat that is totally free. I just clicked on Live chat and one of the experts helped me, they have large range of products, I am sure you camera is listed there.
      Here is the page for Sony Support.

Good luck

Inactive

Brian,

I had the exact same problem with my 2100. I had the head serviced and that didn’t help. Then my church bought another 2100 and it did the same thing! Yikes!!

I’m embarrased to tell you what the problem was…but I know how frustrated you must be.

When you insert a new tape, be sure to close the tape lid in TWO STEPS, exactly as described on p.4 in the manual…that is, close the inner tray first, then close the outer door. DO NOT try to close it in one step by simply pusing the outer door shut.

When you insert the tape using only one step, it will apparently close properly, but the tape doesn’t get aligned. As soon as you record something, the tape will get scratched and will exibit the bars you’re talking about.

Throw out any tapes that are already showing bars, put in a brand new tape using the proper procedure, and I’ll bet your problem disappears.

Inactive

Sony is recalling a ton of different models that have these type of symptoms

Inactive

I had the worst experience with a brand new Sony VX2100. From the first month started to get codes C:31 and many other codes every time I loaded a new mini-dv tape. I sent the camera out for repair, it came back after paying $350 dollars and still had the same problem. Finally got rid of it and will never buy Pro-consumer camcorders from Sony. They only give you 90 days warranty in labor and parts 1 year. Come to find out about 5 months when I tried sending it out for repair that my cost to have them get it fix was $350. I did had purchased extended warranty but they take longer. Still had no camera for about a month. When it came back, the first wedding I went to work, the camera once again left me stranded in the middle of the reception. Thank goodness I always carry my old Canon XL2 with me and because of that, I just ordered the new Canon HDV XA1 and never going back to Sony. Sorry if I dissapointed anyone who still thinks the VX2100 is a great camera. I just don’t trust any Sony Pro-consumer camcorders anymore… Canon on the other hand has brought me nothing but security, on photography equipment as well as video. My last comments on Sony VX2100, it’s not reliable at all!

Inactive

man, sorry tohear of your troubles with the 2100, i’ve had mine two years and not a problem at all.

John

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Canon lenses — 2021

There are a number of Canon lenses on the market for both their DSLR and mirrorless cameras, these are our picks for EF, EF-S and RF mounts.
homicide-bootstrap