Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Editing › Problems with importing AVI file
- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years, 9 months ago by Anonymous.
- May 21, 2008 at 2:26 AM #45208AnonymousInactive
I’ve been importing my AVI files to Premiere but only a part of the entire AVI file actually gets sent through. The rest of the file gets cut and does not show up on Premiere. I’ve been trying to solve this problem for the past few days, but so far I have no idea how to do so.
- May 21, 2008 at 9:10 PM #188072AnonymousInactive
is the file being split into multiple files? is you hard drive formatted as FAT32 or NTFS. FAT32 drives cap file size at 4 gig and NTFS is unlimited.
- May 21, 2008 at 11:46 PM #188073AnonymousInactive
Thanks for the reply! The file isn’t split into multiple files, actually, only a quarter of the file actually gets sent through. The rest .. is well gone! But it plays properly on my Windows Media viewer and Nero Showtime, so the problem only occurred while I was trying to import the file on Premiere. The largest avi file size is 3.66 gigs. About the hard drive, I’m not sure which one it is. I’ll probably go check later.
- May 22, 2008 at 5:01 PM #188074AnonymousInactive
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.