Problems with importing AVI file

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I’ve been importing my AVI files to Premiere but only a part of the entire AVI file actually gets sent through. The rest of the file gets cut and does not show up on Premiere. I’ve been trying to solve this problem for the past few days, but so far I have no idea how to do so.

Inactive

is the file being split into multiple files? is you hard drive formatted as FAT32 or NTFS. FAT32 drives cap file size at 4 gig and NTFS is unlimited.

John

Inactive

Thanks for the reply! The file isn’t split into multiple files, actually, only a quarter of the file actually gets sent through. The rest .. is well gone! But it plays properly on my Windows Media viewer and Nero Showtime, so the problem only occurred while I was trying to import the file on Premiere. The largest avi file size is 3.66 gigs. About the hard drive, I’m not sure which one it is. I’ll probably go check later.

Inactive

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Video Reference Monitor Buyer’s Guide

The best video monitors — 2020

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap