Problem with Video Download

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I’ve had quite an experience trying to make my educational video’s available to my clients through an automated delivery system. I think I’m almost at the end of my problems but can’t find an answer for this newest dilemma. Maybe someone here can help?

The video’s were almost 2 gb so I used XVID to compress the format and uploaded them to Amazon AWS S3 to open as an attachment. After a customer makes a purchase I have a program in place that will automatically send them a download link. Once clicked it should begin the download process.It seems the video is being delivered without a problembut the customer can’t get it to download.

I recommended she upgrade her WMP to be sure it was compatible with the XVID/AVI codec but she receives an error during the download that says:

C:\Documents and Settings\James Bond\My Documents/Downloads/advbarftrtx.avi.part could not be saved, because the source of the file could not be read.

So I see at the end of the avi is .part — this is not something that I added and am wondering if this could be the problem?

I contacted an XVID rep who said he honestly didn’t know what to recommend but maybe she should usea different download manager. I really don’t wantnew customers to have todownload all kinds of programs to run this video. And honestly it has worked successfullyfor others who have tested it with the same IE. She is usingWin XP Homeoperating system, so I’m not sure if that might be part of the problem.

Please can anyone help me get this straightened out? I’ve been trying to get these up and running for over 2 months now without much success.

THANKS!

Hi,

Are u facing problems with your Hardwareequipment’s,

Media Duplication Systems is your one stop shop for all of your duplication equipment. We carry the latest hard drive duplicators, degaussers, media erasers, cd dvd desktop and tower duplicators, usb duplicators, flash card copiers, high security degaussers and media label printers.

For More Details VISIT

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2021

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers something different,...
homicide-bootstrap