Problem with Sony DVCAM Tape

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Im having issues with a tape that looks like it had a head clog but no indication that that was taking place while recording. The tape recorded fine for a couple min. I stopped the tape and checked it then recorded again. During Playback my tape check was okay but the tape didn’t engage for about three min while my viewfinder indicated that it was recording. The tape has black bars that runs horizontally across the screen. Then the video frags out for a few seconds and clears itself in another couple seconds. If I stop the tape and rewind and play the section back i get pink bars that also runs horizontally across the screen. Is this a tape issue or a camera problem? Thanks

Participant

Do you leave a tape in the cam when it’s not in use? I lost a Sony dvcam once because leaving a tape causes the camcorder to go out of alignment internally.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap