Problem capturing video from DRV530

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I output from my Sony DRV530 digital 8mm camcorder, through the firewire connection, direct to my computer and attempt to capture normally. The capture begins, then after 5-10 seconds, it stops recording and the camcorder stops.Machines vary from Vista 32bit, 64bit and 3 XP machines. Each has much more than minimum requirements to run a capture.

I have used 5 different computers. I have tried capturing using Corel’s Movie Factory 6, Cyberlink’s Power Director and Corel’s video studio x2 pro. They all stopped capturing within seconds of starting. Now, when I used my ancient copy of Adobe Premiere version 6.5, the capture worked for the entire 51 minutes of video. Premiere is on the oldest and slowest machine I have. This is baffling. Any ideas why this is happening???

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap