Problem capturing JVC GR-HD1U

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hello, I’m having trouble capturing HD footage from my HD1 into both iMovie and FCP. I have a white Macbook with a 2 GHz Intel Core duo processor and 2 GB RAM running OSX 10.4.9. I am using iMovie HD 6.0.3 and FCP 5.1.4.
      When I connect the camcorder via firewire, both programs seem to acknowledge the device and are even able to cue and control the tape externally. I can set in and out capture points in FCP. However, neither will actually display capture any footage. In fact, they don’t even seem to recognize that the device is set up for 720p30, despite the fact that "HD" is clearly present in the upper left hand corner of the LCD screen and the HD1 shoots at 720p30 in HD mode. Intead, both seem to think that it is a regular DV device.
      I am using a standard JCV mini DV tape, but there is only HD footage recorded to it, and I have tried to have the tape cued to this footage at the moment I connect to the computer so it is recognized correctly, but this doesn’t work.
      What is wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
      Matt

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Professional Fixed-Lens Camcorder Buyer’s Guide

Best camcorders for any video shooter — 2020

Professional camcorders are often smaller, lighter, cheaper, and have more controls than other cameras. These are the best on the market today.
homicide-bootstrap