Pro Wrestling Video Packages

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hey everyone I posted under the “making a profit” forum back in January about shooting Pro Wrestling Events. I have a video package I just edited was wanted to see what people here thought. Give me a few pointers etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v<wbr></wbr&gt;?=7V9S7u5bqUE

My Goal with this video is to introduce these characters to a new audience to in turn hopefully sell more DVDs or get more people inattendance.

promos should tell where you are. the web is a good start but if you’re local i’d go see you. so, i think promos should tell location.

one thing inoticed about WWF shows (I still call it that)is their camera work. ever notice how the camera angles switch in the middle ofa good shot? you rarely see a clothesline from start to finish from the same camera angle. they usually switch cameras on impact. you have some of that in the matches i watched. great start to making this something special.

but it needs some flash. it reminds me of 80’s wrestling. instead of the web address in plain white text, how about some photoshop and a nice colorful logo? think WWF attitude era, ECW with its barbed wire logos or TNA with thechain and chain link fence look. something like that would dress it up and help you reach a broader audience, i’d bet. move the logo in and out with some sound effects and add some flashiness.

do you have a “gene okerlund” characterwho could introduce the clips? or maybe we could see the announcers? you could set up a stationary camera on them and mix in some of their talking. rather than have the clips “just start” and “just end,” how about having them fade in to an announcer as they make their way to the ring?

I’m not suggesting that youre-invent the wheel here–just take some of the format from the big guys (WWF, etc.) and incorporate your own style of it into this production. you havea great starting point but it’s time to take it to the next level! πŸ™‚

just my thoughts.

so, where are these shows, anyway?

Participant

The shows are in Long Island New York.

Yeah I see what you’re saying about the Location, I didn’t really see how I couldincorporateit into this Particular Video. This video I posted is the only one that I actually uploaded, the other ones were Ripped from one of the wrestlers and he started the Youtube Channel, I got the password from him so I decided to work on a package.

With videos like this I intend for the to be placed on the web page, but unfortunately I have to give it to someone then they have to put it up. And the person is very lazy with the web page, I’d do the web page if I could but I’m not the best at web design either.

As for the Camera work in WWF/E I have noticed they cut on action a lot, however we’re doing a 3 camera shoot and the person doing hand camera often has veryunusablefootage so I try to cut it the best I can.

With the Announcers we do kind of have them but the guy who does commentary is also another performer so showing him would be changing characters, but I see what you’re saying. Also I have absolutely no control over the product itself and shooting them talking would require mecontrollingthe product a bit. It’s my job to shoot their show then edit what I get. These interviews I came when they had practice and we shot some general interviews. My main intention is to establish their personality.

Participant

I got a Second Video Done in This Series figured I’d post it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7MTJBFAY-o

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2021

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap