previewing MediaStudio Pro on TV

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

The composite or s-video output included on your video card simply converts and outputs whatever normally appears on your computer monitor to a signal suitable for a NTSC TV or similar analog device. The primary intention of these ports are to allow you to play a computer game which would normally appear on your computer monitor, on a larger TV screen, etc.

Therefore, you couldn’t ‘configure’ MSP6.5 to send previews to the s-video or composite port. You’d configure your Windows ‘screen display settings’so that your usual Windows screens appear properly on a device connected to that port. Usually this requires that you adjust your Windows screen display to 800X600, and your horizontal frequency to 60 HZ. This is not the same as ‘previewing’ your video via your camcorder. You’d see the entire MSP6.5 User Interface on your TV.

PS. The September 2003, Videomaker reviews a video card (Matrox Parhelia, $399) that will provide the function you desire.

Inactive

I’d like to send previews to an NTSC TV or monitor without using a camcorder as a pass-through device. If my AGP video display card has a component (RCA) or S-Video port, can I just connect that to the Video IN jack on the TV/monitor? How would I configure MSP6.5 to send the previews to the TV? And could I still use Instant Play?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap