Presentation Control Application

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Are there any applications which i can install on my computer which will let me work as normal on one monitor but have a second one plugged in which i can use the program to controll what appears on the second monitor, so that it all transitions seamlessly without having any sort of windows screen appearing during the presentation? Almost like a dj mixing set where they can have a second track ready to play except for photos and videos.

NewTek’s TriCaster comes to mind, but that is more of a hardware/software solution, and expensive. Are you talking about something that will assist you in “live” presentation circumstances? If so, I suppose something like the above would be overkill, or a solution, depending on your budget, needs and focus toward expansion in the presentation field.

I suppose, also, that the various PowerPoint-like packages would offer some kind of solution.

Me, unless I am trying to do something “live” I would just create the presentation and burn it to disk, saving myself the extra technodifficulties.

Participant

its going to be live because ill have footage playing and then ill be takin photos as people come into the event then ill be displaying a powerpoint on the screen, then there will be somemore footage and then the photos that will have been taken slightly earlier.

Ouch! Gonna be some fun with the logistics of all that. Hope you find a reasonable, usable and affordable solution. Good luck to you.

Does sound like you’d need some kind of software, or hardware (such as the NewTek machine) switcher system. I’m sure you’ve used Google to search for some possibilities?

Participant

im still googling to see if i can find anything, im sure theres got to be something which will help me, maybe i just havent used right keywords so far

Hey Joe…

…just saw your response and took a second before having to dash out on business, so I didn’t read all the listings, but in scanning, I saw some possibilities??? Google for “video live switching software” and see if any of that helps.

Later!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap