Premiere pro questions – Audio and Transitions

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hi, i am using Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 with WinXP. The first question i have is reguarding Audio clipping. i have my UV meter on screen and have noticed some clipping in certain clips. Is there a fast way to “scan” an audio clip for clipping? Surely there is. At the moment all i can do is shuttle through the entire clip (sore finger from holding mouse button) and hope it picks up any clipping through the audio clip.

Second thing, reguarding transitions, i have put a few transitions (crossfades) in a clip and exported as an AVI. when i play the AVI back in a viewer (gom for example) every time it gets to a transition, as the transition plays the whole video clip drops in size a small amount then when it gets past the transition it comes back up to full screen. What the hell would cause this? I tried this exporting as AVI and i exported to DVD as well, same thing. I can supply any settings if need be, i’m fairly new to editing as you can probably tell.

Thanks

Gary

Participant

Well, after a bit of fiddling i found out that exporting to dv avi and non interlaced produces the shrink/expand scenario at transitions, if i tick deinterlace video footage, the screen is smaller all the way through hence no shrink/expand because it is alwas shrunk with this setting enabled. Still, i would like it to go full screen so if that helps anyone, then good.

Thanks

Gary

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2021

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap