Premiere Pro CS5 and AVCHD

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this. I have a AG-HMC150P Panasonic. I’ve had problems in hearing the waveform in Premiere PRO CS5. Whether recorded w/ the on camera mic or an XLR add-on mic, I can see the wave form in the audio line but can’t get to play through the speakers or hear it using headphones either in Premiere or when I playback in the camera using headphones.

Any ideas, thanks, steve

Luis Maymi LopezLuis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

Hello Steve

Have you try converting your video to an audio only file (example .WAV). Sometimes Premieres does not read some audio file (don’t know why, maybe a bug) and when this happens I convert the video to audio only file and link this audio with the original video. Try this out, it should work.

One more thing, if you don’t hear audio in your camera maybe you did not turn on the microphone while recording or maybe your camera could be broken.

Participant

“if you don’t hear audio in your camera maybe you did not turn on the
      microphone while recording or maybe your camera could be broken.”

Done that more than a few times myself!

If he is seeing wave forms though, he probably has audio. Have you used AVCHD before? Many older computers cannot handle it very well and maybe your computer cant keep up with both at the same time?

Inactive

I have the exact camera and don’t have any audio issues.

Can you play other sounds on the same timeline… mp3 music, etc?

-Mike

Participant

Have you tried exporting it to Soundbooth and listening to it there. I know that depending on the length of footage it may take a while to conform. Also, make sure that the audio track is not muted, I have done that a few times. Since you can see the audio wave form, try deleting it and grabbing the audio from the preview box and dragging it down, may help.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap