Premiere Pro CS4 Eats Up Hard Drive

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I recently upgraded from Premiere CS3 to CS4 on my PC with windows xp. While I was capturing video files I suddenly got an error message that I had run out of C drive space. All my scratch disks were set to the H drive. When I looked I found that my C drive that used to have a capacity of 130 GB, now only had a capacity of 70GB! 60GB had vanished! Adobe maintains it is a Windows problem. That does not make sense as I never had this problem with CS3. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks
      Heidi

Participant

Heidi, do you know what files are taking up the additional space?

There isn’t a lot of difference between CS3 and CS4, but to be honest 60gb is not that much space these days.

Especially when it comes to video editing.

Participant

I agree, 60GB is nothing considering that I was capturing HD.

But, the problem is not the temp files that may be created, but that the hard drive seems to have lost a corresponding amount of its capacity. Whereas before, My Computer indicated a capacity of 130 GB with xxx free, it now gives a capacity of 70GB with yyy free. The lost 60GB must be hidden/system files because they don’t show up when searching with Windows Explorer.

Inactive

were you capturing to your c drive? that’s a no no to begin with.

Participant

Why is capturing to your C drive a no no?

Participant

No, I was not capturing to the Cdrive. I found a forum that discusses the same issue (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419513?start=50&tstart=0)but I am not able to figure out what the solution is.

Heidi

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best camera bags and cases — 2021

Finding the right camera bag or case for your gear can be challenging, particularly if this is the first bag or case you've ever purchased.
homicide-bootstrap