Premiere Pro CS4 Eats Up Hard Drive

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I recently upgraded from Premiere CS3 to CS4 on my PC with windows xp. While I was capturing video files I suddenly got an error message that I had run out of C drive space. All my scratch disks were set to the H drive. When I looked I found that my C drive that used to have a capacity of 130 GB, now only had a capacity of 70GB! 60GB had vanished! Adobe maintains it is a Windows problem. That does not make sense as I never had this problem with CS3. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks
      Heidi

Participant

Heidi, do you know what files are taking up the additional space?

There isn’t a lot of difference between CS3 and CS4, but to be honest 60gb is not that much space these days.

Especially when it comes to video editing.

Participant

I agree, 60GB is nothing considering that I was capturing HD.

But, the problem is not the temp files that may be created, but that the hard drive seems to have lost a corresponding amount of its capacity. Whereas before, My Computer indicated a capacity of 130 GB with xxx free, it now gives a capacity of 70GB with yyy free. The lost 60GB must be hidden/system files because they don’t show up when searching with Windows Explorer.

Inactive

were you capturing to your c drive? that’s a no no to begin with.

Participant

Why is capturing to your C drive a no no?

Participant

No, I was not capturing to the Cdrive. I found a forum that discusses the same issue (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419513?start=50&tstart=0)but I am not able to figure out what the solution is.

Heidi

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap