Premiere Pro CS3 Missing Audio Track

• This topic has 11 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 13 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I downloaded the trial of Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 to make a video for school. I have avi video clips that play fine, but when I import them I only get the video track – no audio. The audio is encoded with MP3 variable bitrate. Is there any reason that this shouldn’t work? How can I get the audio into Premiere?

Note: I have tried opening the avi in VirtualDub, exporting the audio as uncompressed WAV, and importing that into Premiere, but then the audio is out of sync with the video.

Participant

Open the file in virtual dub, export the whole thing (video and audio) as DV-AVI and import that into Premiere.

Inactive

Thanks! That worked great. 🙂

Participant

Glad to hear it, stop by and visit us at muvipix sometime 🙂

Inactive

Chuckengels,

I have similar problems. I tried using premiere CS3. After importing VDO file from my cam (not HD), i can only see VDO not audio. I tried editing in Window Movie Maker or Nero, and both VDO and audio got imported. How do I get Premiere CS3 to recognize it? My file is MPEG.

Thank you

Mik

Participant

If you can open the file in Windows Movie Maker and all is well, simply use Movie Maker to convert the file to DV-AVI.

There is a free tutorial on how to do that here http://muvipix.com/products.php?page=3&maincat_id=7&subcat_id=10

the tutorial is about half way down in the middle.

You can also convert most mpeg files to DV-AVI using virtualdubmod

Inactive

Thank you. It worked

Inactive

Wow, I can’t believe my luck – this is exactly what I am trying to fix – no audio when importing my AVI file in to Premiere Pro.

Now, I’m not sure how to export a DV-AVI file from VideoDub… I can’t work out where the DV-AVI setting is. Silly question to be asking but can anyone help please?

Cheers

Inactive

I mean VirtualDub… not Video. DOH!

Participant

convert the file with Windows Movie Maker, here is a tutorial on how to do it

http://muvipix.com/products.php?page=3&maincat_id=7&subcat_id=10

‘converting from WMV to DV-AVI using Windows Movie Maker’ converting from AVI is the exact same process.

If you can’t get the file converted with Movie Maker, the codec to choose in Virtualdub is probably called Microsoft DV-AVI

Participant

Problem with importing AVI to Adobe Premier.

Last time I can import AVI to adobe premier completely (vodeo and sound)

But now, It only import the video (no sound) even I import the similar file I did last time.

Anybody can assist me?

Thanks

NNSK

Participant

Iam having similar problem – Video but no audio. I tried opening clip in Windows Movie Maker and the opposite occured. Audio but no video. Please help!
      File is a MPG. I have included a screen shot to show the file in Premier Pro

Help appreciated

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/8325/audioz.jpg

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap