Premiere Pro and MP4-files – audio out of sync

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Premiere Pro and MP4-files – audio out of sync

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi! Im fairly new to both After Effects and Premiere Pro and I am currently experiencing quite a few problems.

One of them is that whenever I import a MP4-file into Premiere Pro CS5, the audio is out of sync with the video. When I view the file in VLC or in Sony Vegas I get no such problem. The problem is obviously connected to Premiere Pro having trouble with the MP4-file, but how do I solve that?

Should I convert the file to another format? If so, what is the easiest and best way to do that?

I am grateful for your help :).

Participant

Where is the audio coming from? What is the audio sample rate? Video is 48K see earlier post on forums about audio sync.

Harry

Inactive

Simon you have probably sorted this out by now but just for future reference I will post this anyway.

If your problem is simply that the audio and video are out of sync then there is a quick fix in Premier Pro. Click on the file in the timeline to make it active then right-click on it and choose UNLINK. This will make the two independent of each other. Then you can just drag one in the timeline until it is in sync with the other, might take a couple of tries to get it perfect. Once you are happy with it select both assets and right-click on one of them and select LINK to rejoin them.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap