Premiere Pro 2 and Premiere 6.5

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’m confused. I’ve been using 6.5 for some time. It does all I need it to do, however, today I saw Premiere Pro 2.0. Is this a newer version? The version numbers are lower. Or is it an older version? Is it an upgrade or higher level program?

I went to the ADobe site but couldn’t really find an answer to that. Anyone???

tepeco

Participant

I have 6.5 then Adobe came out with Premier Pro Version 7. which I have and now I have 2.0. but
      haven’t installed it yet.
      I think they have since came out with a newer version.
      I haven’t adjusted to Version 7 yet, so I continue to use 6.5, I have found that 6.5 has a lot of things
      that Version 7 doesn’t except when you put in titles and and effects you don’t have to render them
      fades are put between the clips, but I’m sure 7.0 will do a lot of things that 6.5 won’t I just haven’t
      had a lot of time to work with it.
      The answer to your question is yes 2.0 is a newer version.

Participant

Well, I certainly didn’t know there was a version 7 of Premiere. I wonder what the difference is between Premiere PRO and Premiere. And why did they start the numbering process over. Should I upgrade? I can’t find a comparison at all, let alone a mention of both versions in the same paragraph.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap