Premiere Elements 4 and Large Projects

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Premiere Elements 4 and Large Projects

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

I find that I can work with a very small project, say 5 or 6 minutes, but am told I lack system memory when the projects get larger, maybe 20 or 30 minutes. I have Vista (Intel Q6600) and 4 GB RAM. Should I be changing settings somewhere or am I doing something wrong? This is my second project. The first, as I have suggested, was short, but I was able to complete it.

Participant

I’veneverused Premire Elements 4, butI editedtogether three hourlengthsegments (cuttogether they made about a30 minutefilm) a while back on one of my school’slabmachines.It had Premire Pro on themachinewith 2GBof RAMand a dual coresomething-or-other. Ihad no issues with slowdown when doing this, so Ithink your 4GBof RAM would be morethan enough.

Are youhaving problems with slowing down on largerprojects, orare you justworried aboutthis?

Edit: What videocarddo youhave?I thinkthe schoolmachinehad a mid-range dedicated card. Maybe integrated graphics are slowing you down?

• Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2020

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your...
    homicide-bootstrap