Premiere Elements 4 and Large Projects

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Premiere Elements 4 and Large Projects

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I find that I can work with a very small project, say 5 or 6 minutes, but am told I lack system memory when the projects get larger, maybe 20 or 30 minutes. I have Vista (Intel Q6600) and 4 GB RAM. Should I be changing settings somewhere or am I doing something wrong? This is my second project. The first, as I have suggested, was short, but I was able to complete it.

ralck
      Participant

I’veneverused Premire Elements 4, butI editedtogether three hourlengthsegments (cuttogether they made about a30 minutefilm) a while back on one of my school’slabmachines.It had Premire Pro on themachinewith 2GBof RAMand a dual coresomething-or-other. Ihad no issues with slowdown when doing this, so Ithink your 4GBof RAM would be morethan enough.

Are youhaving problems with slowing down on largerprojects, orare you justworried aboutthis?

Edit: What videocarddo youhave?I thinkthe schoolmachinehad a mid-range dedicated card. Maybe integrated graphics are slowing you down?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN