Premiere 6.5 4:3 and 16:9 mixed footage

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Premiere 6.5 4:3 and 16:9 mixed footage

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi

I have a project in Premiere – DV PAL Widescreen. I have some 16:9 footage and also some footage taken from a DV camera which I assume is 4:3. The preview in Premiere looks fine (maintain aspect ratio is set) but when I export it to DVD via Canopus Procoder 2.0 the 4:3 footage expands and fills the screen and everything is out of proportion. I have tried the Maintain Aspect Ratio option but it still expands.

Any help would be appreciated

Many Thanks

Andy

Inactive

It sounds to me like the Premiere project is 4:3 but the Canopus setting is exporting to 16:9. If you want the output to be 16:9, your Premiere project should also be 16:9. You might need to re-edit the project in the correct window setting. MIGHT. Try changing the setting in the "project settings" first.

Inactive

[quote="kkmac"]It sounds to me like the Premiere project is 4:3 but the Canopus setting is exporting to 16:9. If you want the output to be 16:9, your Premiere project should also be 16:9. You might need to re-edit the project in the correct window setting. MIGHT. Try changing the setting in the "project settings" first.[/quote]

The premiere project is 16:9 but I wanted to insert some 4:3 footage into it..using the Maintain Aspect Ratio didnt work either, I’ve found a workaround and reduced the size of the 4:3 footage by 33% and it seems to work fine…very strange going on.

Thanks for your reply

Andy

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap