Premier Pro Photo zoom issue

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I am making a video presently and I am trying to zoom in on pics. Presently, I can easily accomplish transitions between pics. However, what I am looking to do, is what is easy to accomplish in Windows Movie Maker. I want to zoom in on the pic while the pic is playing. Basically, be able to shoot closer on the existing clip. If anyone can give me advice on how to do this, I would appreciate it.
      By the way, I’m using Premier Pro 2.1.

Thanks!

Participant

This is accomplished by simple keyframing.

First, drop your photo into your timeline.

Next, drag the playhead to the beginning of the photo or to whatever point you want to begin zooming.

Make sure the photo is selected in your timeline – go up to the Effect Controls tab in your Monitor Window.

Click the triangle twirly next to Motion to open the motion effects.

Click the little stopwatch next to Scale – this turns on keyframes

Now adjust the scale (size) of the picture by changing the scale value from 100 to whatever you want the zoom to begin at.

Now move the playhead to the end of the picture (or wherever you want the zoom to stop)

Go back up to Scale in the Motion menu and adjust the scale of the picture to the size you want the zoom to end on.

Now play the image and you should see the zoom effect.

Hope this was clear enough – if you can’t figure it out let me know – I’ll help all I can!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock media sites — 2019

If you’ve so far avoided using stock media in your projects because of the stigma it carries in certain filmmaking circles, you’re missing out.
homicide-bootstrap