PPro CS3 stops playing when application window is inactive

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing PPro CS3 stops playing when application window is inactive

• This topic has 11 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi,

When I am working on a project, I sometimes need to open other applications, go to other folders or simply have a webpage up on my second monitor and read stuff while expecting PPro to keep playing. This was possible with PPro 2.0.

Now PPro CS3 stops playing the footage, be it in the source window or timeline, as soon as I click on something else.

Basically, no playback when PPro window is inactive… I am getting a bit annoyed as most of the time I need to play my footage in PPro while typing notes/script etc in another application.

Any ideas how to sort this out?

Thanks.

Inactive

Correction… It was 1.5 not PPro 2.0 which worked fine in the background…

Hi, When I am working on a project, I sometimes need to open other applications, go to other folders or simply have a webpage up on my second monitor and read stuff while expecting PPro to keep playing. This was possible with PPro 2.0. Now PPro CS3 stops playing the footage, be it in the source window or timeline, as soon as I click on something else. Basically, no playback when PPro window is inactive… I am getting a bit annoyed as most of the time I need to play my footage in PPro while typing notes/script etc in another application. Any ideas how to sort this out? Thanks.

Participant

There is a workaround for this that Robert Johnson posted at Muvipix and on the Adobe forum.

Inactive

Thanks chuckengels…

Would you have a link to Robert Johnson’s post by any chance?

Participant

I tried to find it before posting but couldn’t, just remember that he had a workaround.

There was another program that he ran to keep Premiere running in the background, can’t remember the name of it though. If you post on either the muvipix forum or the Adobe Premiere Elements forum he will answer you fairly quickly in most cases.

Participant

Spoke too soon, found one of his posts.

It has to do with using Windows Sniper

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b722b8/11

Inactive

Thanks very much chuckengels… Much appreciated…

I hope Adobe is aware of these issues… They are minor problems for most people perhaps but for those who have to use their software day in day out, such issues make a difficult job harder…

Cheers

Participant

Since it is a drain on system resources to continue to play video when a program is minimized, or inactive. I doubt they consider it an issue.

Inactive

Surely it must be up to the user to start/stop an application. Or at least we should be given the option…

You can enable/disable auto play after rendering, can’t you…

Participant

Adobe doesn’t do patches or updates to its Elements products very often, especially Premiere Elements. There has only been one patch in its 5 version history. They would also rather add flash more than functionality, at least it seems that way most of the time. I would doubt they will be investigating this issue anytime soon.

Participant

I assume that is because the elements have a 1 year production cycle unlike the 18 months of the higher end software.

But who was talking about Elements?

Participant

Ooops, sorry about that, guess the original question was about CS3.

Just trying to help out when I can, and the two are very similar in many ways.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap