Portable AC Power

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Does anyone have advice on a portable AC power for a prosumer videographer. All of my equipment is AC and all the belt packs I’ve seen are for XLR (thought that was audio!). I have a portable jump starter for cars with a built in air compressor but it looks so unprofessional and there is no way to carry it but carrying it by the handle (more like lugging it actually). I have a photographer friend who uses the Vagabond II but it says it is not for constant power drains, WTF! Anyway I would love to hear other people’s opinions on this.

Rev,

Those ‘XLR’s’ you mentioned are 4-pin. The extra pin handles power. There are battery belts that have standard AC sockets and companies like NRG make some really good battery belts and portable battery rigs. Some sites you can search are: BH Photovideo and Markertek right off the top of my head. I am unfamiliar with the Vagabond, but photography rigs use cycled power supplies like those in strobe units and therefore aren’t suitable for use with a video power supply.

Participant

You really answered my question, I’ve looked at a couple sites but i really want to find the NREG home page to look at all of there products with a little bit more indeph descriptions of there equipment. Very helpful reply, Thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2021

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap