poor video quality

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have a JVC GR-D396u digital camcorder. I have taped two weddings so far and the quality has been terrible. Each video is dark and has a yellow tint two them. Both were shoot in a church. I use PowerDirector and Pinnacle Suite 10 to capture my footage to my computer to make a DVD. After capturing the quality seem to get worst. I don’t know if it is my camcorder or software. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Jbank

Participant

I don’t know anything about the JVC camcorder you’re using, but it sounds like it’s the camcorder or the way you have it set up. The orange gloss or hue in the picture is the indoor lighting inside the church. Most normal indoor lights give off an orange color and in order to correct you either need a camcorder with ability to do so or professional lighting… I’m not sure if you can fix in post, but possibly with Adobe LR (but I’m not experienced with that software so I can be of any help there to you)…

Participant

Thanks

Participant

Oh, and as far as the capturing goes, check your capture settings and make sure they are same as the settings you are recording in. Chances are if it’s getting worse during the capture phase your settings are off…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Storage Buyer's Guide

The best digital storage for video editors — 2020

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
homicide-bootstrap