poor man’s elevation

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

so like,
      I was on a chroma key shoot in Chicago yesterday. My cheap stands that hold my green screen are only six feet tall but it’s never really been a problem. I’m close enough with my clients that I can work around it, have em sit, or even ask em to bend their knees but still stand straight, cheezy as that is. πŸ˜‰
      This was a new client though and the first guy to speak walked in well over 6 feet tall. I wasn’t comfy asking him to correct so, in a pinch, I did what I had to do…

stop laughin’
      well, ok laugh away. lol

I’ve seen flakier, but that wins a prize for best ‘grab what you have onsite at the moment’ setup.

Participant

how bout this one:

didnt work all that well:

http://ModdinArt.com/MAride.wmv

lol

Yeah,

Without a gyro stabilizer that was never going to work even if the road was freshly laid. I was shooting in the Australian Outback and had to get footage along a stretch of dirt service road. The shoot was so impromptu that all I could do was grab a seat cushion put it under the camera and then both on top of the pickup we were riding in. Since we had a Schwim GyStab on the front of the rig the footage came out with little or no camera shake. I took a fine butt-kicking however… thank the Gods I had some bungee cords to strap myself on behind the truck’s cab!

Participant

who woulf have thought a roll of paper towels wouldn’t cusion the shot??

lol

Dunno how I didn’t break the camera with that fall. I was doin’ more than 40mph.

Ever notice how wrecks are funny before 20 but pain begins to hurt after 30?

… and after 40 the floor is farther away to retreive dropped items, the closer you get to it the greater the gravity effect, and the harder it is to get back up.

They’re only funny if nobody was looking….

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Hand-held Stabilizers Buyer's Guide

Best camera stabilizers for video β€” 2020

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap