Poor DVD quality from Adobe Premiere Pro

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Poor DVD quality from Adobe Premiere Pro

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am using the Adobe Premiere Pro V7.0 for my movie editing in 16:9 wide screen format (not HD yet, but with very high quality). When I Export to DVD from Adobe directly to the burner (LG GSA-4167B) will burn the DVD in 16:9 format, but with very bad quality- grainy and blurry, not even close to the original. However, when I burn the same file through the bundled s/w from LG, the quality is very good and very close to the original, but not in 16:9 widescreen format. The picture is stretched vertically.
      A few things I need to mention: I dont have Adobe EncoreDVD, I didnt render the file to Movie before going to Export to DVD as rendering a 5 minute video seems take forever.
      Pros, please help: What is my problem? How to correct this problem? Thanks.
      John

Participant

I’d be very interested in a reply to this post, ’cause the same thing happened to me. The movie in the monitor window in Adobe Premiere Elements shows really nice, but the finished product on DVD is not of a good quality. πŸ˜•

Participant

😯 This was posted twice, don’t know why.

Participant

compusolver,
      Thanks for your feedback. I am using Adobe DVD Encore along with Adobe PP. The result is fantastic, just need to go through a few more steps.
      zzvidoemaker

Participant

Just returned from my European vacation. I shot about 1.5 hours family video in 16:9 format. This will keep me busy for a while for making my DVDs. Thanks for all advise. Does Adobe Premiere 1.5 have the same problem? can I burn DVD directly from the 1.5 with high quality?
      zzvideomaker

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing β€” 2021

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap