Polarizing filter use question

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      travis_h
      Participant

I am kind of confused as to how a polarizing filter should be used. I understand that there are two lenses and you can rotate one so the lines are either perpendicular or parallel. My question is, which way do I want to have it rotated. I film mostly snow scenes, so I am trying to avoid overexposure by using a polarizer. I have zoomed in until all I can see is one area of snow and then rotated the filter. At one orientation it seems like the filter is doing nothing and at the other orientation, it gives the snow a blue tint. Another question that I have is, when should I be setting the white balance during this process? Thanks.

Anonymous
      Inactive

look into neutral density filters too, that will help with exposure in snow

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best cameras for YouTube — 2021

So you’re all set to start your new YouTube channel where you’ll show how you create wigs for dogs with bald spots. Great! But before you get started, you’ll need a camera. We’re here to help you wade through the...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN