You're using a beta version of our new web site.

Pls Help!!! Convert Analog to digital imac

Home Forums Cameras and Camcorders Consumer Camcorders Pls Help!!! Convert Analog to digital imac

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 months ago.

• Author

hodgeon5th
    Participant

I have a Sony DCR-DVD301 mini discs and I want to get them onto my imac (imovie 09) I bought a elgato video capture from the apple store but i believe it is wrong because it does not have any cables to connect to my Sony…it looks like it is more for a VCR?

Anonymous

The USB 2.0 interface provides an easy way to connect your DVD Handycam camcorder to your computer for transfer of video. Just use the cables that came with your camera and connect it to your iMac via the USB port and transfer away. If you’d rather rip the media off the dvd consider DVDxDV, http://www.dvdxdv.com Good Luck!

hodgeon5th
    Participant

But it will not transfer onto my imac…because it is analog….i need to have something to convert it to digital so my imovie 09 will accept it

Anonymous

I’m using an old Sony Hi8 camcorder to transfer my analog video to my Mac. I use FCP not iMovie. Consider the DVDtoDV software. It grabs all the media off your DVD and makes it a Quicktime .mov file. Then import that into iMovie. I also read that a user got great results with importing .wmv files into iMovie. I wish I could be more help. Good Luck!

Anonymous

Take a gander at Flip4Mac– Flip4Mac WMV Components allow you to import, export and play Windows Media video and audio files on your Mac. Flip4Mac WMV plug-ins can be used with most QuickTime based applications, including QuickTime Player, iMovie ’06**, Final Cut Pro and more. Good Luck!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.