PLEASE LOOK – Homeless Youth Video Need feedback!

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion PLEASE LOOK – Homeless Youth Video Need feedback!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Please watch this video, we are making it to give voice to homeless youth in our community. I would love some feedback!

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v14162701amxzqFyc

I am serious about improvement, if you take the time to give feedback, ill take the time to perfect it!

Thank you!

Participant

Hey! Good job! The audio sounds OK.Don’t notice anything bad. Except it’s very quiet. Iraised the volume all the way up and even then it was a little quiet.At 11:50 it gets a little loud.

I think there is too many jump cuts and zooms and the wipe around 7:30 with the red and black ring is a little odd, but it’s mostly pretty good. I also thought the zooming/scaling credits at the end were a little too upbeat for what you were trying to achieve.

Why does it go black and silent from 17:00to around 19:00?

Good job! Did you end up using Audacity?

Inactive

Hi,
      This looks really good. Definitely next time you go out, get a nice boom mic to carry around, its a hassle, but the sound will be so much better. There seems to be a small blur on the overall footage, it may have been intentional, but when people you are interviewing are on the left or right side of the screen, it seems a little out of focus. This seems like a really great project. Make sure you correct the blank space as well. Overall it was good. Watch your music placement and your sound levels. But more than anything, I would suggest getting a boom mic if you are planning on going further than this production. I myself am involved in a homeless film this summer called Simply Alive. It is a great project working with the people of Skid Row. I grew up on the streets of Santa Cruz, Bolivia, and understand what its like to be homeless. Much Love and support,

Caleb

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap