PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVISE!!!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

AM A ROOKIE CINEMATOGRAPHER FROM NIGERIA THAT JUST FINISHED STUDYING A 6 MONTHS COURSE ON FILM MAKING….THE PROBLEM AM EXPERIENCING RIGHT NOW IS THAT I DON’T HAVE A CAMERA… MY UNCLE IN ENGLAND PROMISED TO GET ME A CAMERA… SO I TOLD HIM TO GET ME A CANON 7D…. AFTER CHECKING THE PRICE ONLINE HE SAID IT WAS TOO EXPENSIVE… THAT I SHOULD START SMALL…. AND I HAVE NO IDEA OF ANY CHEAP VIDEO CAMERA… SO AM THINKING YOU PEOPLE COULD RECOMMEND ANY CHEAP GOOD CAMERA…. THANK YOU… WOULD BE EXPECTING YOUR RESPONSE SOON… GOD BLESS… YOU CAN FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER I WILL FOLLOW BACK @IFE_WUNMI

Participant

I guess it depends how “small” you want to go, and what do you think you might need. The DSLR route is different than the camcorder one, but since you thought about the 7D, I guess a less expensive alternative would be the T3i, 600D in Europe ($700 at Amazon, body only) and a second hand lens you could get. That’s half the price of the 7D.

Participant

Firstly, please don’t use ALL CAPS. It is the equivalent of yelling.

Second, why are you looking for a high end DSLR. You can get a decent, consumer grade HD camcorder for a few hundred dollars which should be good enough to get you started, leaving money for software, royalty free assets, accessories, etc…

Participant

Thank you very much freddy…. am gonna google the prices now and make my choice when am done…. Boss Birdcat thanks for the advice…lol…. the problem am having is looking for a good HD camera my uncle can afford without breaking the bank… renting a camera here is quite expensive,thats why i wanna get mine… i just want to try new stuffs like short documentaries,short films and low budget music videos…. can u recommend a good HD camera for me sir? Thanks once again

Participant

ifewunmi

You can get this camcorder for $230:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/834558-REG/JVC_GZ_E200AUS_GZ_E200_Full_HD_Everio.html

It’s not a 7D but it will let you record in HD – At least it’s something you can use – Much better than nothing at all…

Participant

thank you very much sir… am on it

Participant

personally, i think that the 60D is a better option than the 7D considering the cost difference…

First of all, the the 60D has a flip out LCD which is nice when you’re not spending the money on monitors and whatnot (which i’m guessing your not), but also the LCD is higher resolutions & slightly better color depth, has manual audio controls, a longer battery life, weighs slightly less, and cost about $600 less.

The advantages of the 7D: it has dual processors which allows it to use some of that power to control noise at higher ISOs (for low light shooting) and it’s also weather sealed.

Now, if you were planning on using the camera for photography, I’d list off a bunch of other advantages of the 7D (which would make it the obvious choice), but as far using the HDSLR for video, those are the only differences.

So try to talk him into the 60D πŸ™‚ Then start collecting some lenses for full frame sensors and some day upgrade to full frame HDSLR like the 5D MKII or the new 5D MKIII…

Participant

thanks tall water… you guys at video maker have bin so helpful…. am so happy… i just sent the mail to my uncle and am patiently waiting for his reply….thanks once again

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap