Playback AVCHD on my LCD TV

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

OK, this may be a newbie question, but I am a newbie. I want to purchase a prosumer AVCHD cam and edit in Final Cut Express. I then want to be able to play my creation on my HDTV.

I have a Mac Pro tower, a PS3, high speed wireless and a Samsung 46″ 750 240Hz (2009 series) LCD.

My goal is to shoot underwater video while diving, edit it, upload it to Vimeo/Youtube and enjoy my footage at home.

Thanks.

Chris

Participant

“play my creation on my HDTV.” … “a PS3”

You should check the manual – if it does support, it should say so. Most new DVD players support AVCHD content burned to DVD discs, and with PS3, I heard it supports the format, but many are experiencing decompression issues with audio – it sounds choppy unless the audio format is AC-3. You should be able to burn with disc burning software that supports AVCHD discs, ensure the audio is AC3, and it should be fine.

I don’t know about the computer system. All I know is that it needs to be fast (preferably a multicore – duo, quad) in order to edit this format.

Participant

Peachdingo,I shoot HD on a Sony HDR SR-11, use Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Plus Pro Pack on a Duo core Pc ( you should antipate long renduring times).I burn AVCHD onto regular DVD(+ or -) discswhich can play on Bluray players or PS3 (not on regular DVD players). The results look great on my 42″ LCD TV.

Regards,

Ed

Participant

Check the following link – Western DigitalWDBABX0000NBK , this unit will connect to Youtube via wireless network and also any external device USB stick/external HDD etc and play almost any format including AVCHD.

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/Products.asp?DriveID=832

wd

Inactive

maybe the following article can help.

it applies to import all kinds of video including avchd, mts, avi, mp4, mpg, flv, wmv, etc to final cut pro

http://www.bigasoft.com/articles/how-to-import-video-to-final-cut-pro-or-final-cut-express.html

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best digital storage for video editors — 2021

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
homicide-bootstrap