Placing others youtube videos in your videos

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’m new to this site so sorry if this is not what you talk about or if I put it into the wrong section but I have seen a lot of tv and youtube videos where people insert others videos into theirs. I’d like to know how to do this legally.

Participant

To do so legally would first require you to license the video if it is copyrighted, or at very least get the permission of the person who created it. For more information about this, do a search on the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).

As for the technology, it is simple but deal with my first point first.

Participant

piracy just doesn’t flatter any video, man.

Participant

YouTube does allow users to allow other users to use their video. It is called “Creative Commons Attribution license (reuse allowed)” Here is a link with more information.http://www.youtube.com/t/creative_commons

Inactive

creative commons use must be chosen by the owner of the youtube video this is new in the last few months… as a youtube partner we were notified of this but have never allowed on our channel …we have had to enforce our rights a few times this year for people stealing our work.

many youtube users will allow it if you ask and give them credit..however the more serious users will not. We copyright and claim copyright to all out video work put on youtube.

just send them a message and ask polite and see what happens.. but i would not use anything you do not have permission to..

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best microphone for video production — 2021

Whether you’re recording audio for a commercial, a wedding or your next feature film, you need the best microphone possible.
homicide-bootstrap