Pioneer 1-11’s won’t get speed at all !! I NEED HELP !!

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Pioneer 1-11’s won’t get speed at all !! I NEED HELP !!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hey everyone. I’m having major issues here !! I have just gone and bought myself 4 PIONEER 1-11 dvd burners. Have set them all up, so I’m ready to go. Pop my discs in – open Alcohol 120% – set all to burn from the same image – and they burn…. but only at 2.4 speed !!! I can’t quite understand it.
      I am running P4 2.6g – 1 gig ram or thereabouts – 120 gig HDD – gigabyte 8ipe1000 mobo. HDD is SATA – all 4 burners are IDE – 2 on each ribbon. Have tried MASTER- SLAVE-MASTER-SLAVE, no go, so I tried setting all to CABLE SELECT, still no go. I tried burning 2 discs using only the masters, got to max speed of 4.5. DRIVING ME INSANE !!! Could someone please please please lend me their expertees and help me?????? Thanks in advance =)

Inactive

Hey again. OK – I tried that, still no different. I also used Nero – that will only burn at average 2.4 aswell when all 4 are going. I have bought a new case with a 500 watt power supply, thinking that may be the problem, but still nothing. I’m not too sure what else to do !!

Inactive

Hello Again =(

I did go to Alcohol website – read through a fair few of the FAQS and also emailed support team. I don’t think that is the problem as it lacks speed in Nero also. I am running the 4 burners from motherboard, and HDD is SATA. I have also checked the DMA setting – it is all correct. Could there be a motherboard issue that could possibly cause this? As I’m thinking that is the only resort I have left. Checking Gigabyte site now, hopefully with a happy ending !! Also, could RAM affect it? I have 1 gig or thereabouts.

Inactive

dvdchick:

The link below will take you to another thread of which someone else was trying to do the same thing. A lot of stuff was discussed and in the end, it pretty much seemed that being able to transfer data to multible standard optical drives at full speed wasn’t available yet. It will work but not at the full rated speeds.

http://www.videomaker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2326

RAM

Inactive

Have you tried,(just for arguement sake), Gear video 8? There is a free 30 day trial at http://www.gearsoftware.com. Its only $60 and supports as many drives as connected. I bought it and works great.

By the way, not that you may want to hear this but it is better to burn DVDs at a slower rate just insure that errors burning are kept to a minimal. I burn a 4x, but can burn up to 16x.

Inactive

kkmac

By the way, not that you may want to hear this but it is better to burn DVDs at a slower rate just insure that errors burning are kept to a minimal. I burn a 4x, but can burn up to 16x.

EXCELLANT POINT! For some strange reason, faster is not always better when it comes to burning DVD’s.

RAM

Participant

could it be that you are only using 2.4x media?

just a thought πŸ˜‰

Also definatly try a firmware update that usually solves speed issues

Inactive

squeeks,

I was just about to ask that myself!

2.4X discs can’t be burnt any faster than 2.4x. The burner will detect the max speed and won’t go any faster than that

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap