Pinnacle Software

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

hey, i have a crappy Sony handycamcorer, and i dont have enough money right now to but a whole new setup(im only 15). With the Pixela ImageMixer that came with the camera, every recording once i get it to my computer is very pixelated. I was wondering if the Pinnacle Studio 9.0 av/dv version would fix this, and have clear vids. Or if not, what do you think it is, I use a USB for the streaming, could this be the problem also? πŸ˜• πŸ˜• πŸ˜•

Inactive

Firewire will do the trick. Get the AV/DV 9 card, it’s great. I use it too.

Inactive

Will the Av/Dv card do it by itself? My computer does not have a FireWire port, so I would need to add it, if I even can. Or would I also need the FireWire along with Pinnacle and the Av/Dv card?

Inactive

Typically if your PC does not come with a IEEE 1394 (Firewire) port, you can get a PCI card interface that you plug into one of your PCI slots inside you PC. I believe that’s what “svhs” is talking about.

Once you have it all plugged in, you will need to load the proper drivers. From their you would then need a IEEE 1394 (aka: Firewire, iLink) cable of which you plug one end into your camera and the other into the IEEE 1394 port on this new card you just installed. They aren’t that expensive. The cable will probably cost more.

RAM

Inactive

The Pinnacle AV/DV card has both analog and digital inputs and outputs. I use its analog connections when editing analog, in Pinnacle Studio, and the Firewire port works perfectly in Avid, which I use for my DV work. You can even create a local network through that iLink port.

Participant

The software that came with the camera probably captures in Mpeg1 which is “old hat”
      Get rid of the USB and use Firewire.

The Pinnacle AV/DV unit will plug into the the motherboard. Load the dirvers and program and you are away. Hopefully you have a break out box with it. This makes it easier to hook up your camera, rather than having to get behind the box all the time.

You will probably have to get a DV cable to connect your camera to the AV/DV board as most cameras come with USB.

If you can afford it, use a second hard drive for editiing and capturing. SATA if you can afford it – provided your motherboard will take it

I use Pinnacle studio 9 plus and it works fine for what I want to do.

Have fun

Inactive

I know it sound stupid, cause i am, but will i need a DV cable for an analog camcorder to hook up to AV/DV version? My camcorder does not have an input on it to plug a DV cable in, can’t i just use a USB port???

Inactive

You don’t specify what comcarder you have, but it sounds like all it has is a USB port, not a firewire port. If that’s the case you only have 2 options: 1) Buy a new camera (which is probably not a good option for you) or 2) Buy an analog video converter. The Canupus ADVC100 or 110 should be a good option for you. B&H has it for around $100 bucks. It comes with all the drivers and cables you need. Their site is http://www.bhphotovideo.com. That adapter will allow you to connect your camcorder using the regular audio/video cables as if you were sending the video to your TV and then convert it to DV video, which you can then edit using your editing program. I hope that helps.

Inactive

The card comes with the required cable.

Inactive

Which card will come with the cable? The Pinnacle Av/Dv card???

Inactive

Yes.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment β€” 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap