Pinnacle 710-USB capture Device & Sony Video Capture 6.0 Problem

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Pinnacle 710-USB capture Device & Sony Video Capture 6.0 Problem

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have been a Pinnacle user for a few years, and have a Sony Vegas Platinum 9 and the Sony Video Capture 6.0 installed now. When I start the Sony Video Capture 6.0 program and select the Pinnacle 710-USB on the drop down tab for Video, I get an error message,

“The device ‘Pinnacle 710-USB could not be opened. Make sure it is turned on and not being used by another application or user’

Has any one had this problem and found a work around?

Participant

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I have the DV170 and it is doing the same thing. I went to Frys and purchased a Diamond VC600 and still get hte same problem.

Thanks in advance –

Participant

Never got any response.

Participant

Sorry Guys I have Sony Vegas and capture 6 but I use a fire wire I cannot replicate your problems to see what might be going on. There are just some thing that are not compatible. I have two Sony cameras and the work just fine in capture, I also have a little hand held Panasonic camera and Sony capture will not recognize it why I do not know I have tried everything and it does not work, so I take the tape from the Panasonic put it in my FX1 and download to the comp.

Participant

the only time that you would need to capture something, is when it is using firewire. the exception is pinnacle’s capture devices. I am not sure of the reason that it even shows up in sony vegas, but I wouldn’t expect it to work. I would just try capturing it in pinnacle, and then importing it into vegas.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best Sony lenses — 2021

Sony has made a name for itself in the camera market lately. From its popular mirrorless line to its cinema cameras, Sony seems to be everywhere. The Sony E Mount has been around for about a decade. Since then, it's...
homicide-bootstrap