Pinnacle 710-USB capture Device & Sony Video Capture 6.0 Problem

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Pinnacle 710-USB capture Device & Sony Video Capture 6.0 Problem

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Road Runner
      Participant

I have been a Pinnacle user for a few years, and have a Sony Vegas Platinum 9 and the Sony Video Capture 6.0 installed now. When I start the Sony Video Capture 6.0 program and select the Pinnacle 710-USB on the drop down tab for Video, I get an error message,

“The device ‘Pinnacle 710-USB could not be opened. Make sure it is turned on and not being used by another application or user’

Has any one had this problem and found a work around?

cyorkgo
      Participant

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I have the DV170 and it is doing the same thing. I went to Frys and purchased a Diamond VC600 and still get hte same problem.

Thanks in advance –

Road Runner
      Participant

Never got any response.

Daryl
      Participant

Sorry Guys I have Sony Vegas and capture 6 but I use a fire wire I cannot replicate your problems to see what might be going on. There are just some thing that are not compatible. I have two Sony cameras and the work just fine in capture, I also have a little hand held Panasonic camera and Sony capture will not recognize it why I do not know I have tried everything and it does not work, so I take the tape from the Panasonic put it in my FX1 and download to the comp.

ephraimrothschild
      Participant

the only time that you would need to capture something, is when it is using firewire. the exception is pinnacle’s capture devices. I am not sure of the reason that it even shows up in sony vegas, but I wouldn’t expect it to work. I would just try capturing it in pinnacle, and then importing it into vegas.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN