Pinnacle

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

News flash . . . Pinnacle is now a part of Corel Software.

Rick Crampton

Participant

Hi,

For me is a bad new that Avid sell to Corel the Pinnacle products line and Avid Studio. Many users has used Pinnacle or Avid product for long term working but Corel has probably in mind to discontinue Pinnacle and switch customer to regular product. We have loose time and money to buy years after years Pinnacle Product and learn, now everything is good for garbage because no compativity between system. Probably Corel has in mind a special bargain intro price but ny suggestion is to fly away and use something to stay the same with time like Premiere or Apple. Remember all products that Corel leave behind in the past beginning with Corel Lumiere, Ventura etc…

Avid has resposability in the action.

Regards,

YR

Participant

Not a happy camper here.

Participant

Not a happy camper here.

Participant

Not a happy camper here.

Participant

Not a happy camper here.

Participant

Yes Right!!!!
        Sad day for Pinnacle Studio, I believe it will disappear from the landscape now, fire sale on remaining copies in the stores. Corel may adapt the Avid editor as their premier program, but Pinnacle will be of no use to them.

Participant

Not a happy camper here.

Participant

Not a happy camper here.

Participant

When I first started to work with video and got serious I bought Pinnacle. When I got it home and installed it I was prompted about 6 times to log in and download this or that codec. When I tried to work with a certain format I was prompted I have to pay x more dollars to Pinnacle to use that codec. I called the company and nearly chewed through their head. In the end I got the code, free, but I asked why all this information was not on the box to WARN buyers that they were buying the door and not the house? I paid the same price for their box at (Office Max) as one would for other software.

In the end every time I had to install it I had to get permission from Pinnacle to use it. They may have changed it, but it was people like me back then that pulled down that wall.

I now feel a little vindicated. The company I turned to Corel and now use exclusively, and have about 7 of their products is buying Pinnacle. Personally if Corel has a huge bonfire and tosses Pinnacle on it I hope they invite me, I have some marshmallows I need to roast over their burning lies.

I hope no one is offended by this or misunderstands. But I do not like Pinnacle at all and this is most welcome good news on this day.

Participant

I haven’t use Pinnacle for years. Once I got into Sony Vegas pro, I never looked back. I remember how Pinnacle would crash several time in a row when working on a project, or the convoluted way to edit multi camera shoots. Pinnacle did have some nice features but the instability of the product finally made me move to Sony.

palladini971palladini971
      Participant

Sad day for Pinnacle Studio, I believe it will disappear from the landscape now, fire sale on remaining copies in the stores. Corel may adapt the Avid editor as their premier program, but Pinnacle will be of no use to them.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2021

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers something different,...
homicide-bootstrap