Picture “mushy”, edges jagged when I view on PC monitor?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Picture “mushy”, edges jagged when I view on PC monitor?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hello everyone! πŸ™‚

I am new to the forums and even newer to the world of moving pictures. I come from a still photography world, so I understand wuite a few things (like sharpness, tripods etc) but theres a lot more that I dont know.

Let me explain the problem Im having. Today I shot some footage on a friends DV cam (Sony TRV950), in the local woods, during light rain. Trees, leaves, a bit of the wind sounds etc. Nothing too tricky I suppose.

When I came home, I hooked this camcorder to my PC monitor (HP 2475w, excellent for photos, h-ips matrix) via A/V cable that has chinch connectors at the monitor end. Lo and behold, picture was not 16:9 even though recorded in that format and camera LCD showing it in that format, …picture was all “mushy” (not out of focus but lacking detail, resolution?), edges were jagged (depending on the shot) sort of like a slight Moire but not really it… I cant describe it, can it be that the resolution of this camera is not enough for 1900×1200?

Thank you all and excuse my ignorance! πŸ˜‰

P.S. Looking to buy a HD camcorder- what is the first lowest price range and model of camera that would allow for photo-like depth of field blurred shots? I have a dSLR photo camera so looking for something that would allow me to produce such a video that I can now do in my stills

Inactive

correct me if I am wrong, but I don’t think that is a “hi def” camera. It’s a standard DV camera, that resolution maxes out at 720×480

Inactive

No , no, I dont need to correct you :-),. it ISNT a hi def camera…. yo, youre saying the problem is its “resolution” and it simply cannot play large videos? I mean, large in viewing size, not the file size?

Participant

The problem is that you are using a computer monitor to reference your video even though computer monitors are not made for viewing video.

ONLY REFERENCE YOUR VIDEO WITH A BROADCAST MONITOR OR A TV

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap